This new Sidewinder ED from Hawke Scopes comes packed with features, from the ED Lens *, 10-50 zoom, optional turrets of 1/8 MOA or 1/10 MRAD, a red step-less illuminated reticle and allow dust covers as found on the Hawke Airmax 30SF. The clarity of the lenses are exceptional and this feature alone should entice buyers who want the best optics available. In standard form the scope comes with a 100mm Side-wheel reminiscent of the smaller Sidewinder models. There is the option of purchasing a 150mm Side-wheel that I have done so as to do a review on the scope. To see the review, go here.
* To see the ED definition by Hawke, click the link above and scroll through to the 4th image when you are on the Hawke site.
- High magnification precision optical system.
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass for optimum clarity.
- Interchangeable, locking and resettable turrets.
- Supplied with ¼ MOA Turrets.
- (⅛ MOA & 1⁄10 MRAD Turrets available to purchase separately)
- Side focus control for parallax adjustment to infinity.
- (Patented removable side wheel, with different sizes available)
- 30mm mono-tube chassis for superior strength.
- Glass etched reticle with red illumination.
- Stepless IR rheostat offers total brightness control.
- Locking ocular and high torque zoom ring.
- Includes screw-in metal flip-up lens covers.
|Chassis||30mm Mono-tube||Optical System||10-50x|
|Illumination||Red – Stepless||Focus/Parallax||Side Focus 9Mt / 10Yds to Infinity|
|Field of View||M @100Mt / Ft @100Yds
3.9 – 0.8M / 11.7 – 2.4Ft
|Eye relief||95mm / 3.7”|
|Length||458mm / 18”||Weight||980g / 34.6oz|
|Material||Aluminium||Exit Pupil||6 – 1.2mm / 0.25 – 0.05”|
|Ocular Type||Locking Fast Focus||Lens Coating||Fully Multi-Coated 18 Layers|
|Power Selector Style||Rubber Coated Posi-Grip||Warranty||Hawke Worldwide Warranty|
|Elevation Increment||1/4 MOA||Elevation Adj. Range||45 MOA|
|Windage Increment||¼ MOA||Windage Adj. Range||45 MOA|
|Turret Caps||N/A||Turret Type||Interchangeable|
|Supplied With||4″ Side Wheel, 4″ Screw-in Sunshade, Pointer, Screw-in Lens Cap, Lens Cloth, CR2032 Batter|